Hi lovely ladies,
Determining your skin tone and type was one thing but what the hell are undertones? When I first heard the word, I had the same reaction as you!
In today’s post let’s talk about undertones, what they are, how to determine them and how much good can come of it!
Let’s get started.
What are undertones?
An undertone is the color that is just beneath the skin, and while our skin tone can change overtime but the undertone does not!
There are three main undertones
- Cool – pink/rosy undertones
- Warm – golden/yellow undertones
- Neutral – no obvious yellow or pink tones
There are few things or tests that you can do to determine your undertones. Let’s find out what they are!
Find some natural light and take a look around veins around your wrists. Do your veins appear blue or green?
- If they look blue/purple, you’re cool-toned.
- If green, you’re warm-toned.
- If you can’t tell then you are probably neutral toned.
- If you look good in silver, you probably have a cool undertone.
- If you look better in gold, then you’re warm.
- If you look good in both, you’re probably neutral.
Grab a pure white piece of clothing and an off-white piece of clothing. Hold them up to your face one at a time.
- If you look better in white then it means you have warm undertones.
- If you look washed out in pure white and better in off-white, then your undertones are probably cool.
- If you look good in both then you might have neutral undertones.
The sun test
If you spend considerable time in the sun then what happens to your skin afterwards?
Do you tan easily and rarely burn then you have warm undertones.
If you burn easily and tan very minimally then you might have a cool undertone to your skin.
If nothing happens or both the things happen then you should other tests to determine your undertones accurately.
So what are your undertones?
Links of images used