Few months ago, Colorbar launched 2 new blushes which caught my attention. Each blush has 3 different shades from the same colour family ranging from light to dark. This is a fairly new concept and that intrigued me. I bought one of the 2 shades available. Let’s find out how this blush worked for me!
INR 1200 for 9.5 grams of product
Blush comes packed in a silver box which has a opening on the top to see the colour without opening the box. The blush also comes in a silver pan which has a transparent cover over it. Pan closes with a click so the packaging is sturdy and travel friendly too.
There were 2 shades available, one from pink family and other from coral family. I picked the pink one. There are 3 beautiful rosy pink shades in the pan from deep to light pinks. Shades are absolutely gorgeous and give really beautiful finish to various makeup looks.
It has superb pigmentation. One swipe is enough to give you rosy pink cheeks. One needs to be really careful and should use light handed strokes to avoid being OTT.
The blush comes with a really smooth texture which is not at all chalky or grainy. It glides smoothly on the face and could be blended to achieve desired finish. You can mix all 3 colors or can go for single colour too.
I have a combination skin type and this blush has lasted on me for more than 6 hours without any issues. It does not budge as such or cause any major fall-outs.
Directions to use it:
- Begin with the contour, or darkest, shade in your Instant Cheekbones palette and apply to the hollow space below the cheekbone.
- Apply the medium shade to the apples of your cheeks and sweep upwards toward the hairline to get the perfect flush
- For a youthful glow, highlight the tops of your cheeks with the lightest shade.
Pros of Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush:
- See-through, handy and travel friendly packaging
- 3 shades can be used individually too
- Shows up well on the skin
- Will suit variety of skin tones
- Easily available
- Pigmentation is excellent, one swipe gives enough coverage
- Glides smoothly on the skin without any chalkiness
- Stays for 6+hours without any foundation
- Can be ideal for everyday use as well as any occasions
Cons of Colorbar Luminous Rose Luminous Rouge Blush:
- Slightly expensive
- No mirror as well as applicator provided
- Limited shade collection
- If not properly blended, this blush can easily give clown like cheeks
Would I recommend it?
I think I would as you get a really nicely pigmented blush which comes in a huge packaging which is also travel friendly. This blush will last you for a long time. Even at 1200 bucks, which may be expensive for some (it is for me!) it is good deal.
If you are looking for a really nice blush and amazing staying power then buy this one without any thought.