In my earlier post, we got to know about different skin types which is crucial to start any skin care regimen. In today’s post we will talk about how you can care for different skin types.
There are primarily 5 skin types which are normal, dry, oily, combination and sensitive. Each skin type requires different levels of TLC. Let’s see how you can achieve the skin of your dreams with just few everyday steps!
- Normal skin is the least problematic skin but that does not mean it needs any less care than other skin types.
- A proper CTM routine must be followed religiously no matter what the skin type is!
- For normal skin, use a gentle cleanser that is your tried and tested. For toner you can go for good ol’ rose water. Now after this use water based moisturizer to moisturize your skin really well.
- Do not forget to take off all the makeup at night, cleanse and tone your face. After that, use a nourishing and hydrating night cream on your face as well as your neck.
- Combination skin needs to be treated differently in different areas. You can use products that are specially labelled for your skin type or you can try multi-masking method on your face.
- Always use a mild cleanser on your face. You can go for green tea or tea-tree based toner on your face. After that, use a light get moisturizer that won’t be clogging the pores in your T-zone area.
- Night cream should also be not very rich as it may need to clogging of pores which may lead to acne.
- Once or twice a week, you can go for pore minimizing mask around your T-zone area to cleanse your pores deeply.
- Dry skin tends to look really dull and flaky and this problem aggravates even more during winters.
- Dry skin needs all the moisture and hydration to keep it going. Hot water should be avoided on dry skin as it may further dry out the skin.
- You can try exfoliating once a week to remove dead flake build-up with a gentle exfoliator.
- Use natural and rich skin care products like extra-virgin coconut oil or home-made herbal oils to keep it looking supple and moisturized.
- Oily skin secretes excess oil which also leads to clogged pores, acne and blackheads issues.
- Oily skinned beauties should go for deep cleansing once a week to get rid of clogged pores and should exfoliate 2-3 times a week.
- Use alcohol free tonics to tone your face and use non-greasy moisturisers to moisturize it.
- You can go for clay based masks to control the oil secretion on your face.
- Keep blotting sheets handy to blot oil off your face during day time.
- Caring for sensitive skin could be a bit trickier as most of the products out there don’t suit this skin type.
- Your skin care regimen should be simple minus any complicated procedures. Try to use products that are especially meant for this skin type. Also look out for the products that have non-comedogenic label on them.
- Choose skin care products that have powerful antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory ingredients like white tea, green tea, aloe vera or chamomile which will help to soothe your skin.
- No matter what you use, don’t overuse anything and be gentle on your skin.